Monday, June 9, 2008

Final Fantasy

Actually I got the idea of posting this like 2 days ago. I was watching Shadow Of The Day mv on YouTube at first. Then suddenly I come across this amv of Avatar: The Last Airbender with Shadow Of The Day as the background song. Then a familiar face pops out. Some 3D character with a scar. Yes, most of the PS one and Squaresoft supporter should know who I am talking about already. The answer is none other than --- SQUALL LEONHART. No idea? I'll let you think first. Save the best for the last. 

I am actually a fan of Final Fantasy series. I first started playing Final Fantasy III in the old version of game console where u have a big piece of cartridge. I never finish the whole game because the game couldn't be saved. So what can I do? I can't be sitting there for like a few days rite? Moreover I am just 6 that time. My sister used to laugh at me when I play such game. You know, when you have your turn, your hero will come out and do some slicing action and damage were done, you kill the monster and you gain exp. Ok ok. It's dull actually. However, the story is different with Final Fantasy series. They have something called Story line which you can see the ending actually. Not like Mario Bros. , my sister actually cheated to get to the last castle in 2ominutes and ran like mad dog to save the Princess. 

Never mind, back to Final Fantasy. So slowly I played FF IV, FF V then FF VI. All those games were in 2D. So it actually looked quite silly to me now. Hee. Right, then the first version of Final Fantasy Tactics came out. I don't get to play it at first mainly it's because I don't have a Playstation. I don't get my Playstation until I was like 12 year old? When I finally got my Playstation, the first game I took was Final Fantasy of course. That will be FF Tactics. Since the dealer said I could take a few FOC, the second is Final Fantasy VII and the third? You guess.

So I started FF Tactics. The characters are the same as those in FF IV or is it VI? Where there are Human, Bangaa, Viera, Moogle and Nu Mou. Ok, that game was not hard at all. Then I moved to FF VII once I completed FF Tactics. FF VII I finished half only. Thanks to the graphics. The miniature there was like kinda absurd? Could's arms look like sausages to me. No mouth. The most absurd one will be TIFA! OH NO! In the animated movie she looked so nice. In the game? They, of course, focused on her huge upper body, which made her look ridiculous.  Never mind, the story line was kinda lame too. Then I switched to Final Fantasy VIII. This, I had to say, is the best among the Final Fantasy series in Playstation ONE. PS2 is a different story. Square soft finally managed to create a more lively 3D character. FF VIII also have a very touching story line. I love it. I think most of the Final Fantasy players would had imagine themselves as one of our heroes. Honestly, I love Final Fantasy VIII. I don't even mind if i have to be Zell. He's cool in fact. If given a choise, I'd choose to be Squall. Hee...

Enough of crap, let's continue to Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy IX focused more on child like characters. All the characters there are you know, child like. NOT childish. They looked so cute to me. Especially the monkey boy! Just like me. MUAHAHAHA. Ok, Final Fantasy IX had a pretty long story, and I think the princess looks pretty. I did not get to complete the whole game! The last disc was scratched before I can even do anything. Never mind. FF IX was the last of Playstation one series. Then I traded my Playstation one for a PS2 now the fun begins. FF X and FF X-2. To most of you. That is Final Fantasy X (ten) -2 (two). You should say ten-two instead of XII - twelve. You have another FF XII, which is again, similar to FF IV, Tactics and Tactics Advance. The only sad thing in FF X is I didn't manage to get Wakka's ultimate weapon and I did not get all Tidus' skills. I missed the Jack shot 3. Which is the FIRST. Alright. I never played FF XI since its an online game. Oh ya. X-2. That thing was a piece of crap! No la. I am the piece of crap. I finished the game but I did not manage to complete the whole 100%. By the way, Yuna looks cuter there. She looked kinda plum in X with the kimono like thing. Then we have Final Fantasy XII which, at last, they changed the battle form already. Now you have to run around to hit your enemies. It's kinda hard at first, but slowly when you get to it, IT'S a lot better than the previous FFs. Now I am still on it, 57% already, but have to go study = no PS2 so can not continue yet.

Yay, completed the 12 FFs, now the lastest Final Fantasy VII - Cerebus and Final Fantasy XIII. I don't get to play those. I don't have a PS3. Wait. Might go and get it soon! Muahahahaha. For now, this is all. Conclusion? I love Final Fantasy VIII the most. 

-tata-
v(^.^)v

No comments: