Monday, December 22, 2008

Uncovering Potentials, Realising Dreams - The day before

It's been a hectic week for me last week. Having last minute prep for camps with my friends. Though I told them not to do last minute work but somehow we just can't change the fact that we are better off with last minute work. LOL. So we had a really last minute meeting like 2 days before the camp starts and had them prepare for our own style of Amazing Race and games and Spiritual Walk. Then I left for Taiping and came back the following day. Got a call from Kuang Ze (the real chairman for the camp) at 10 pm with a really last minute request.

KZ : Eh Robert ar, lu tonight wu lai temple boh? (Robert, are you coming to the temple tonite?)
TZ : Boh lar, mia cai kah khi. (Nope, I'll go tomorrow.)
KZ : Lu mia cai kui tiam eh lai? (What time can you come tomorrow?)
TZ : Lu ai wa kui tiam lai? (What time you want me to be there?)
KZ : Peh tiam eh boh? (8 am can?)
TZ : BEH LA! Before chap tiam la... Wa sure gau wan... (Can't la! Before 10 am, I sure reach wan.)
KZ : Sure har? Lu tomorrow ai prepare opening speech cai boh? (Sure har? You have to prepare for opening speech tomorrow, you know bout that?
TZ : (I was like... err...) OK la, cai liao cai liao... Wa later khi prepare... (Ok la, I get it already, I'll prepare it later.)
KZ : Ok ok, mia cai mang late har. (Ok, tomorrow don't be late.)

So I continued watching tv till it was like 11pm and starts to think what am I going to say on the opening of the camp? I switch the tv off and went online hoping I can get inspiration and tng tng! Ah lian ee is online, ju siao with her n see. Hahahaha. Chatted for quite sometime for the points and she went off. Still trying to put things together... tng tng... Jane came online. Ah ha! Another help came just in time. Hahahaha... So we discussed again for some time and she decided to hit the lights off. A very greatful thank you to both of you. If you want to know what is the speech like, stay tuned for the next part of this title.

I need to sleep more... Been up taking care of the cheeky campers till 4am yesterday.

No comments: